Training Program Example
Note: The number of reps represents the intensity of your workout and the type of growth that will be achieved. be achieved.
For your reference:
3-8 reps, heavy load for muscle mass
8-12 reps, medium load for muscle maintain
14+ reps, light load for lean muscle
Before exercising make sure you warm up by performing dynamic stretching as well as taking the joints through the range of motion they would experience when performing the exercise with a very light weight (so as 15 repetitions would seem easy).
Note: Dynamic stretching involves moving parts of your body while gradually increasing reach, speed of movement, or both. It does not involve stopping and holding the stretched position. For example making circles with your arms or swinging your legs.
- 45 minute high intensity cycle class
Upper body workout (rep range between 8-10, 3 sets)
- Bench press
- Barbell bicep curls
- Shoulder side raises
- Tricep pushdowns
- Seated rows
- Chin ups
- Seated shoulder press
- Tricep dips
- Lat pull downs
Glutes and hamstrings HIIT (whole day dedicated to my weakness. 3 sets, 10-13 reps)
- Stiff leg deadlifts with toes raised on plate
- Sumo squats
- Hamstring curls
- Leg press, 10 reps each stance: Feet shoulder width, sumo stance, feet together low, feet together high.
- Cable kickbacks
- Lunges, 10 on each leg
- Weighted step ups on box
- Stability ball butt bridges, back on the ground feet on the ball
- Stability ball butt bridges, back on the ball feet on the ground
45 minute brisk walk
Lower body workout (3 sets, 10-13 reps)
- Squats (narrow stance)
- Squats (wide stance)
- Dead lifts
- Leg press
- Calf raises till exhaustion
- Leg extensions
- Bulgarian split squats
- 5 min stepper.
Upper Body HIIT (Superset each two exercises 3 times. Rep range between 15-17 with 20 seconds rest between exercises)
- Squat into overhead dumbbell shoulder press combined, shoulder raises with plate
- Clean and press, kettle bell throws
- Bar Bell Rows, incline push-ups
- 4 Boxing with dumbbells, medicine ball squat throws on wall
Note: High Intensity Interval Training: where reps are around 15+ with around 20-30 seconds rest between exercises.
Make sure to cool down with static stretching focusing on the muscle group just worked.
Note: Static stretching is when you hold and stretch a muscle. This includes touching your toes and holding for 10 seconds (hamstring stretch) or bringing your arm across your chest while pulling in with your other arm (shoulder stretch).